top of page
ERAP Porch tw.png

emergency rentAL assistance program

This information is for anyone who may be at risk of eviction and if they have been unable to pay their rent during the COVID crisis. This is a statewide program referred to as ERAP.  To learn how to apply please see below. 


As of August 1, 2022, new ERAP applicant requests will be limited to 12 months of arrears.  No requests for future rent will be accepted.


As of September 1, 2022, CALV will no longer accept ERAP applications.  Last day for tenants and landlords to submit ERAP applications is August 31, 2022.

 Applications may be accepted in the future, if additional funding becomes available.

Happy Senior Couple
what does the program cover


RENT: Residents may qualify for up to 12 months of rent assistance.

UTILITIES: Assistance payments will be made for arrearages only (past due amounts), but can include electric, natural gas, water, sewer and trash.


To qualify, you must:

  1. Be a resident of Lehigh County

  2. You must rent your home or apartment

  3. Demonstrate a financial impact occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic

*Must qualify for unemployment benefits OR experienced a reduction in income OR incurred significant living expenses related to COVID-19 OR experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to COVID-19 that threatens the ability to pay the costs of the rental property or its tenant-paid utilities when due.

Household Income Limits for this Program:

1 Person - $50,750

2 Person - $58,000

3 Person - $65,250

4 Person - $72,500

5 Person - $78,300

6 Person - $84,100

7 Person - $89,900

8 Person - $95,700

Senior Man Working from Home
Modern Townhouses
what you need to apply

You must have the following items to complete the application:

  1. An email address to apply and to receive updates regarding your application.

  2. Contact information for your landlord: name, phone number and email address

  3. Income information to report your household income

  4. Most recent utility bills if seeking utility assistance

  5. Copy of identification (government issued Photo ID or Driver’s license, passport)

  6. Proof of Residence if different from ID

Your LANDLORD will need to provide the following items:

  1. Lease

  2. Proof of ownership of property (deed, insurance, taxes, etc.)

  3. W-9

  4. ACH information for Direct Deposit

  5. Documentation of rent owed

For application assistance, please contact

Community Action offices at 610.691.5620.

helpful tips
  1. In setting up your account, select an email address that you check frequently so that you may receive status updates in a timely fashion.

  2. Write down your log-in information and keep it in a safe place.

  3. Be sure to gather all of your documentation (listed above) before starting the application.

  4. When uploading documents, review each to ensure it is clear and able to be viewed.

  5. Communicate with your landlord and utility companies that you are applying for this assistance.

Happy Family
Calculating Budget
what happens after you apply?

  • Your completed application will be reviewed by Community Action's team to ensure eligibility as well as a payment amount for assistance, if you qualify.

  • You will be notified by email once your application is processed, and whether your application has been approved for payment.

  • Your application may take several weeks to process.

  • You will not be able to check the status of your application by telephone. 

  • You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your account on the portal. 


Northampton County Residents:

  • Those who reside in The City of Easton, contact: Project of Easton 610.258.1100 Ext. 13.

  • Those who reside in Bethlehem, Bethlehem Township, Hellertown, and Lower Saucon Township, contact: New Bethany Ministries 610.691.5602 Ext. 217.

  • Those who reside in The City of Easton as well as Glendon, West Easton, Wilson, and Williams Township, contact: Easton Area Neighborhood Center 610.253.4253.

  • Those who reside in all other municipalities of Northampton County contact: Third Street Alliance 610.438.1244.

Monroe County Residents:

  • Contact Pocono Mountains United Way at 570.517.3953 or click here

Family Time

Appeal requests must be made in writing and forwarded to:


Lehigh County Department of Community and Economic Development

Attention:Heidi Miller

Grants Administrator

17 South 7th Street

Allentown, PA 18101

bottom of page